Here’s the recipe………….
Paneer grated – 1 cup (I used half of the 400gm pack of Baba Paneer)
Potatoes boiled and grated -1 cup
Onion chopped – 1 medium size
Green chillies – 2 small ones
Cilantro chopped – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 1 tspn
Black Pepper – just to sprinkle
Beaten Eggs – 2
Corn Flour – 1/2 a cup
Corn flakes ground – 1 cup
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Mint chutney – 1 heaped tblspn (check recipe below)
Walnuts chopped – 1/4 cup
Golden raisins chopped – 1/4 cup
1.Mix together the grated paneer and potatoes.
2. Add lemon juice and salt to chopped onions and green chillies. Cut and chop them together again with the salt and lemon juice and then add to the potato paneer mixture. Add chopped cilantro, mix everything together and set aside.
3. Prepare the stuffing by mixing together the chopped walnuts and the chopped golden raisins with the mint chutney.The walnuts and raisins should be just coated with the chutney.
4. Make small portions of the stuffing.
5. Make small balls of the potato paneer mixture. Make a depression in the center, add a portion of the stuffing and close it.
6. Roll the ball in the corn flour, then dip it in the beaten eggs and then roll it again in the ground corn flakes and set aside.
7. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, set it on medium heat. Add the croquettes and fry them till golden brown. When they are done, you will see small white spots popping out. This means they are done.So remove immediately from the pan and drain on paper towels. If you delay any longer they would burst in the pan and the oil would splutter and make a mess. So please do not wait till this happens. Let them cool for a bit before you serve them with mint chutney. Their texture is much better when they cool down a bit. And when you make them you can give them any shape. Enjoy with more mint chutney or ketchup.
Mint leaves – 1 cup
Curry leaves – 1/2 cup
Cilantro – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 small or 1/2 a medium
Green chillies – 4
Tamarind – 1 big marble size
Garlic – 2 big cloves
Grind everything together in a blender or wet grinder without adding any water, add appropriate salt mix well and serve with snacks.